Sunday 28 September 2014

Red vs Blue

In Real Life (IRL) the thing that gets in the way of playing internet spaceships, well it got in the way. New job and a new addition to the family means very little time for pew pew. Solo roaming was getting tough as by the time I got bits sorted on the Jita alt and undocked, I would have maybe 15-20 minutes to play. I still enjoy playing so didn't want to quit, but I have let a couple of accounts drop. Reading about the upcoming RvB Fifth Birthday Bash I decided give it another go. I did try a couple of years ago but didn't really make much of it.

There is almost always a fleet running! But whether you get another fleet to fight obviously depends on an opposing FC and numbers. The FCs work really hard to get something going, so if that means the team with reduced numbers shipping up so be it. I still only fly frigates, as thats what I do, but I might pull the trigger on some cruiser skills. I probably should have done that for last night as RvB held a cruiser Free-For-All in Jita of all places. The TiDi was terrible. Having never flown in any huge 0.0 fights, I had only ever seen it when the tiny little green ring come up in some random lowsec system because the system was on the same server as another loaded system. That was annoying enough, but last night it took about 20seconds for my merlin to get into warp. 3000 free fitted cruisers were up for grabs and many were lost about 150km off the Jita 4-4 undock. I could only manage half an hour but was good fun managed to cycle my guns on a few people and saw this morning that they ended up dying.


I can still solo \o/


I don't always jump straight into a fleet. I can just into a ship and go play either on some gates or off the Red HQ undock. This is some good experience dragging people away from their friends and killing them before the blob can catch me. This will come in handy as I would like to try out soloing in Null-sec again soon ala Suitonia and the like.

Much fun is being had and if you have ever fancied giving it a go, now is probably the best time as there are so many events organised for RvBs Fifth Birthday Bonanza. You obviously missed last nights Cruiser FFA but there are still plenty of roams and a Five person Team tournament coming up at the end of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment