Thursday 10 April 2014

Wolf in wolves clothing

Assault Frigates are quite a rare breed in Metropolis, in and around Evati. So to get two fights both against Wolves is new for me. I'm often very reluctant to fight a Wolf, as the Arty Wolf fit made famous by Prometheus Exenthal is a T1 frigates nightmare.




This kill was brought to you by Faction Thorium S, very kindly provided by Nuke Cave. Thorium gave my Rails a 15km optimal range. This allowed me to kite out at 18km and reduce the incoming damage from his Autocannons. The Wolf has a falloff bonus similar to that just given to the Rifter. So has a very wide operating window with Autocannons and Barrage.

The second fight was against a pilot called Julian Bren. Unlike the last fight, from looking at some of his past losses, he had 200mm ACs fitted. This meant his range was just that little bit longer, and even in deep falloff my non tanked Atron was hurting. I took the opportunity to leave just in time.






No comments:

Post a Comment