Sunday 30 November 2014

Helping Newbros... Not in my day!

There is not a chance in hell that 6 years ago when I started playing this game, that there would be all of these people helping out in Help channels or starting their own Noob and PVP channels. Giving up their free playing time to help newbros. The only time they would do that was to get some cheap kills by awoxxing them in fleets.

I think its great. Hopefully it means that more people stay and play this great game that we love.


Will I be offering a helping hand? Hell no! Not unless they want to know how to fit a solo PVP Atron or Executioner. I was thinking last night. I haven't ran a mission, of any flavour, for five years. Never ran an epic arc. Never done Faction Warfare. I spent a long time in wormholes, but I would always scout, while everyone one else was shooting red crosses, trying to find fights. Never done Incursions. Never manufactured outside of anything that was in the starter tutorials. Hmm there really isn't that much of this game that I have played. So I probably wouldn't be the best person to offer much help.


To everyone that is out there helping our Newbros I salute you!

2 comments:

  1. Plenty of guys can help them with all that boring crap, real shortage of pvp experts though.

    I agree though, when I started it was trial by fire..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we forget how different this game is. You look at other MMO's and their guides: Oh a Warrior? Equip this, mission here, do this while you wait for experience point parties, etc. Eve is not linear! There is no line!

    Eve puts you through a harsh tutorial then just cuts you loose. Player made content? 30,000 or so of us logged in but how many of us are actually playing the same game?

    Helping newbros.. I'm more than happy to impart wisdom when I'm private convo'd; but I don't really go out of my way either. :) Had to cut my teeth the hard way. Had some memorable fights early on that I can recall where I learned what a TD was or the difference between a scram and a disruptor.

    ReplyDelete